Pages

Friday 12 February 2010

Natalie looks into the mirror

Mirrors. Natalie had been spending quite a lot of time with mirrors everyday. In the morning making make-up, in the evening cleaning her face. During the day checking the powder on her nose, looking in the mirrors in the shops and windows on the streets.
Mirrors were obviously interested in Natalie.
Mirrors were looking at her curiously, they were smiling to her, they were giving her affirmative looks and they admired her. Other times quite opposite - they were accusing her and her outfits, they were revealing her imperfections.
Natalie was very interested in the mirrors' content. She looked into the mirrors every day.

But she had never seen herself.
And then a bad thing happened to Natalie, so bad, that she cried.
However, after some time, she had started to think that it was not such bad thing after all. And finally, one day she realized suddenly, that actually, it was a very good thing for her and for her life.
At that moment, just by coincidence, she looked into her pupils in the mirror. She realized she had never been looked into herself before. Something had opened in her and she understood everything she needed to. And she was very happy deep in her heart.
'I promise' she whispered.
Since then Natalie has become a mirror for herself.

© copyrights MG
 
PS: I had been asked to start to talk to a person next to me and ask some questions. Then to present to others what I had learned about that person. Then write a story. 
At the beginning I had no clue what to say and what to write, because I didn’t ask many questions. However, when Natalie had been describing me I noticed she had put her attention to unimportant details - mariginal for me. She had been looking at me through the prism of her life experience.
‘Wait’ I wanted to say loudly ‘this is not about me, this is about you!’ And then I had the idea about mirrors. So I have written about her from my own perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment